- Leadership to provide growth and development of the group.
- Introduction and development of a strong CSR Policy.
- Development of our people.
- Establishment of Group-wide IMS with accreditation to the three ISO Standards.
- Attainment of Investors in People Gold Standard.
- Key monitoring of emergency markets for Group development.
Robert graduated from Birmingham University in 1973 with an Honours Degree in Civil Engineering and then joined the Group as a Site Engineer. His progression through the following 11 years culminated in being appointed the Executive Divisional Director of the Utilities Division and to the Board in 1984.
He was appointed Chief Executive in 1990, implementing a strategy of development that has taken the Group from the position of a Regional to that of a National Contractor. Key to that development was his recognition that the primary requirement for the Company was diversification into a Group structure and the creation of both a building division and an M&E subsidiary.
In June 2016 Robert announced that he would be stepping down from his role as chief executive but would remain as executive chairman.
Robert is both a Chartered Engineer and a Fellow of the Institute of Civil Engineers.