A61 Access, The Avenue, Chesterfield
Homes and Communities Agency
This project comprised the provision of a new roundabout and link road to join the A61 Derby Road to a new development site.
The new road was constructed with wide verges and semi-mature elm trees were planted to create a tree-lined avenue. In addition, estate railing and feature walling were constructed to create a grand entrance to the new development.
The scheme also involved remediation works and landscaping to a former coking works site to create a large green area and public open space in preparation for future development by the client. Sustainable drainage was also installed by way of a series of ditches and a large balancing pond.
- Re-alignment of a surface water diversion to remove costly service diversions, resulting in cost savings for the client.
- Re-use of site won excavated materials as subsoil verge fill.
- Carriageway construction and S278 works
- Service diversions
- Paving works and street furniture
- Surfacing and road marking
- Soft landscaping
- Re-profiling / landscaping
- Traffic management
- Stakeholder liaison
- Drainage modifications / gully installations