Sleaford Renewable Energy Project
Burmeister & Wain
Located in the heart of the ‘breadbasket’ of England the Sleaford Renewable Energy Plant will use straw to generate 40MWe of recovered energy which is enough to provide power and heat for around 65,000 homes.
NMC are the Building and Civil Engineering contractor to deliver phases of this new Energy Plant consisting of:
- Phase 1 – Entrance roads and infrastructure including Section 278 work.
- Phase 2 – Sub-Structure & Drainage works.
- Phase 3 – Superstructure Works.
- Phase 4 – Buildings fit-out.
Scope of Supply
Building and Civil Engineering Scope
- 2no. 3100 SqM Straw Storage Barns.
- 70m Straw Conveyor System.
- 1950 SqM Boiler / Turbine Hall 45m hg.
- 1200 SqM two-storey Office Building. All buildings are Steel Portal Frame with traditional cladding.
- 500 SqM Woodchip store.
- 8000 SqM of Roads, Hard-standing including Weighbridge.
- 90m Stack and ducting Foundations.
- Section 278 entrance works with incoming service ducting and site distribution.
- Foul and Surface water drainage systems and inline water attenuation storage.