East Midlands Housing Association
The Building division of North Midland Construction was awarded this contract following a negotiated tender with East Midlands Housing Association having previously worked with this client on numerous successful schemes.
The project involved the renovation and conversion of a derelict Victorian shoe factory located in South Wigston, Leicestershire which was unoccupied for over twenty years. The transformation culminated in 12 affordable social housing duplex apartments across 4 floors and the external façade remained true to its former glory.
The project was awarded RICS 2015 East Midlands Residential Project of the Year.
Project Elements / Scope of Supply
- Roof repairs and refurbishment.
- Repointing of brickwork and render.
- Forming of internal and external openings.
- Removal of asbestos.
- Removal and moving of floors.
- Restoration of roof.
- New and refurbished glazing system.
- New mechanical and electrical installations.
- Built to Sustainable Homes Level 3.
- Tight site constraints.
- Lifetime Homes Compliant.
- Boundary Restrictions.
- Considerate Constructors compliance.
- Site of Conservation Interest.